As Americans we hate to wait, but as a business owner people having to wait couldn’t pose a better opportunity. Our society is more mobile than ever. What does that mean for you? It means people are no longer in front of their PC’s. A recent study revealed that Facebook ads generate 13 times more clicks than desk top ads. All that being said, you win when people have to wait!
As I write this I am sitting in a doctor’s office…WAITING. 6 out of the 8 people are on their cell phones, not talking, but searching, sharing and commenting. The others that aren’t wish they too had a smart phone, as they squint to see the phone next to them.
If your business isn’t using social media you’re missing your best opportunity to capture your audience with a special offer, introduce a new service or product or keep your name top of mind with a quirky joke or picture.
Still not convinced? Take a look at the 2012 social media stats compiled by Edison Research.
- 47% of people polled say Facebook has the greatest impact on purchase behavior (up from 34% in 2011.)
- From 2010-2012 the percentage of Americans following any brand on a social network has increased from 16% to 33%.
- 45-54 year olds are the fastest growing segment in social media.
- 54% of Facebookers access via mobile.
- Facebook is the most addicting social network.
- Twitter is grabbing more new customers.
- The overwhelming majority of new Twitter users are active tweeters.
- 22% use social networking sites several times per day.
So as someone who is seeking the attention of prospective customers, sit back and enjoy the benefit of having to wait because potential customers are WAITING too.
SDB Creative Group is your one stop shop for all marketing and advertising needs, including social media marketing and management. Visit our website www.sdbcreativegroup.com or call us at (432)218-6736.