Most of us would agree that our dogs are our best friends. I mean, what’s not to love? They’re always happy to see you, don’t judge you when you leave dishes in the sink, can always make you laugh, and love you unconditionally.
(Cue the “awwwww…”)
The team at SDB Creative Group love our pooches, and wanted to share some treats to take home to your best friend. Enjoy!
But I’m here to tell you about another “man’s best friend.” One that works for your business 24/7 (that’s right – no holidays or sick days), generating qualified leads and delivering them straight to your email inbox. And like Fido, this best friend is loyal to you.
What do man’s best friend and your website have in common? Let us tell you more!
Your website is the ultimate sales tool. A lead powerhouse, if you will. If your business has a product or service (and I’m guessing you do) people are looking for you online.
Think About It.
Your business has to have a presence online. No question about it.
The word “Google” is now listed as a verb in the dictionary. How many times a day do you hear “I don’t know. Google it!” Why? People are searching online for anything and everything these days!
Including your business.
So it goes without saying that your business has to have a presence online. No question about it. If you don’t have a website, you’re invisible to the world (and it’s hard to do business if you’re invisible).
Quality Is Key
However, not just any website will do. We know you see the ads for free websites and let us be the first to tell you to not waste your time. Why? Because doing a D.I.Y. website would be just that, a waste of time. Yes, you could technically say that you “have a website,” but not one that would work for your business – not a “man’s best friend,” so to speak.
A quality website that will generate qualified leads straight to your inbox needs the following:
- Images – Properly described with alt tags that are recognized by Google
- Content – Optimized for search engine results (being in the first page is a must).
- Easy Navigation – No one is going to stay on a website that they can’t navigate.
- Blogs – Creating content in the form of blogs is the best way to keep your website fresh and updated. (Google likes that, too.)
- Calls To Action – You have to tell your online visitors where to go, what to do (Call Now, Request A Consultation, Schedule Service, etc.) These calls to action need to be strategically placed through your website.
- Forms – Make sure people can get in touch with you! Your forms should be simple and submissions should be set to your email address.
- Keywords – Perhaps one of the most critical elements of your website is keywords. What words or phrases do you want your website to rank for? They have to be on your site.
- Tags – Google reads headers when they are tagged in certain formats (H1, H2, H3). These tags should be done according to the placement of your keyword(s).
- Responsive Design – Think about the different screens you use on a daily basis. Your website has to be formatted to display properly on them all!
- Maintenance – Like Fido, your website needs a little maintenance (updating software, adapting to changes from Google, etc.)
More Than Meets The Eye
As you can see, a quality website takes more than just throwing some pictures into a template. If you really want your website to be your best friend, it takes some real work and constant maintenance. If you’re looking for a team that will make you stand out online and create a website for you that will really work for you, you’re in luck.
A quality website takes more than just throwing some pictures into a template.