How do you use Facebook for business?
Like we told you yesterday, we’ll be covering that this week! Even if you think you know everything about Facebook for business, you may learn something new…
Use A Business Page For Your Business
Surprisingly, a lot of people don’t know this! ALWAYS use a business page for your business, NOT a personal page. Why?
- Facebook aggressively removes businesses that use personal pages. Don’t lose your page! Make sure that the page you use for your business is specifically designated for business.
- People are hesitant to be “friends” with a business page. If you are using a personal page, you have to add a friend and wait for them to accept your request. If you use a business page, all a person has to do is “like” your page.
- Personal pages are limited to 5,000 friends. Don’t limit your potential! While 5,000 may sound like a lot, those “likes” add up and small businesses can easily accumulate more than 5,000 likes.
- After your business page has 100 “likes,” you can then have access to Facebook statistics (also known as “insights”). When you use a business page, you will want to analyze these insights, giving you information on where your customers are, who they are, what they like/don’t like, when they’re on Facebook, etc.
- On a Facebook business page, you can run contests. Contests generate traffic for your page and your business.
- When you use a business page, you can use “tabs,” which allow you to use a variety of applications (similar to a web browser).
- After your business page gets 50 likes, you can create special offers (discounts, promotions, offers, etc.) on your page.
ALL of that can be achieved just by having a business page, as opposed to a personal page! Why not optimize your social media presence by creating a business page when using Facebook for your business? Need help getting started? That’s what we’re here for! Contact us by submitting the form below.