If you have been at this social media thing for some time now, chances are you feel that you have everything under control. You schedule posts filled with great content, you engage with your followers and you curate your share of great content from others.
This is all great, but if you have found yourself on autopilot when it comes to your social media, you may not be doing as well as you could be. Take a few minutes to go over your accounts and make sure they are all representing you and your brand. Then, determine if you are using social media channels to their full advantage.
Areas to include as part of your social media audit:
1. If you have contact information on your social media profiles, is it current? Is your website listed and visible on your social media profile or about pages?
2. Is it time to revamp your profile or your about me section?
3. Are your photos, logos or other graphics consistent across all your social media pages? Is it time to update any of them?
4. Do you have analytic tools in place to track your progress?
5. Are you posting the same content in the same ways? It may be time to try something new. Videos, infographics and slideshares are types of content that are popular and shareable. If your engagement is not what you would like it to be, it may be time to experiment with other types of content.
6. Is it time to look into other social media platforms. If you have been sticking with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, it may be time to consider some of the other networks, such as Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Vine.
These are just a few suggestions. It is a good idea to periodically evaluate your profiles and information to make sure that they are accurately reflecting your brand and are consistent across all your profiles. Doing this helps build trust and increases your visibility.
It is also wise to add new types of content to your repetoire to keep things fresh and interesting. If you have been lacking in engagement, ask yourself what else you can be doing to create more interest and activity. Are you engaging? Are you providing value? Is your content interesting and appealing enough to share? These are questions you should be asking yourself on a regular basis.
Want to be sure your marketing efforts are paying off? Download our Marketing ROI calculator HERE or by clicking in the image below.