You realize you need marketing.
That’s step one.
You know you want your name out there, you want to grow your business…but how do you get started?
You’ve come to the right place.
First, it’s very important to note the following:
If you are not a marketing professional, you should not do your own marketing. Period. End of story.
And yes, that includes your nephew who is “good on the computer.” If he does not have the experience or knowledge that marketing requires, then he should not do your marketing.
Okay, so who should implement your marketing for you? One of 2 people:
- A marketing professional that you hire to work for your company.
- A marketing agency that is full of experienced, knowledgable professionals.
You need to determine which of these you’ll choose. Of course, that decision is entirely up to you. However, we have a blog that discusses the pros and cons of both. Take a look.
Let SDB be the team you choose!
Once you decide who you want to do your marketing, you will work with them to develop a marketing strategy. When developing your strategy, consider the following:
- What do I want to see from my marketing?
- When do I want to see these things? (Be realistic.)
- What is the budget I want to stay within?
- Who is my target audience?
- Where is my target audience?
- What platforms will I use to reach my audience?
- How wil I begin marketing my business? (Determine a plan of action.)
If these questions are too hard to answer right now, don’t be scared away! This is something a marketing professional can help with. It’s important to determine goals, objectives, timeline, and a plan of action.
Don’t worry, that’s not all!
We’d be happy to tell you more…tune in tomorrow for part two!