Marketing In The Healthcare Industry
It’s a great time for those in the Healthcare industry. With changes in insurance and people taking charge of their health & wellness, you have a great opportunity to establish a strategy and marketing budget to reach your ideal patients. How do you begin marketing in the healthcare industry?
Your prospective patients are using the internet and social media to research healthcare options. Are they finding you? They’re also talking to their friends to get recommendations and suggestions for trusted providers. Inbound marketing is the process of creating and sharing content that is specifically designed to appeal to our target patient. With educational content they’re looking for, you are helping them and establishing yourself as an expert in your industry as well as establishing trust. This established trust makes you a credible source. This credibility makes prospective patients choose you.
Speaking of credibility, do you have any online reviews? (Find out more about online reviews HERE) To show your patients how to give a 5 star online review, download the guide by clicking the image below.
Inbound marketing involves components such as search engine optimization, keyword research, social media marketing, and creating remarkable content. This content should be adjusted and specific to each patient, relevant to their needs and interests. All of these components of inbound marketing work together to bring patients to you.
Consider these facts:
- 80% of American web users look online for health information
- 66% of American web uses look on one for information about a specific disease or medical problem
- 56% of American web users look online for information about certain medical procedures or treatment
- 44% of American web users look online for information about doctors or health professionals
- 30% of Internet users have consulted online reviews or rankings of health care services or treatments
- 41% of patients said social media would affect their choice of a specific hospital, medial facility or doctor
Give Them A Reason To Choose You!
Those are some pretty amazing facts. As you can tell, the majority of the potential patients you are marketing to are doing their research online. Are they going to find you? And when they do, is the content you provide helpful and relevant? Give them a reason to choose you!
If you’re looking to begin marketing in the healthcare industry, you’ve come to the right place! Let us help you get on the road to not online being found online, but providing the content that makes patients choose you. We want to help you establish credibility and build loyal patients with inbound marketing.