Thanks to the Oscars, you may have movies on your mind (what is “Hotel Budapest,” anyways?). But did you know you can use some of the qualities of these award-winning movies to benefit your business? Video is a very prominent form of media in today’s society, but not just on TV…
One-third of all online activity is spent watching video.
Additionally, having video content on your website and/or social media profiles increases the engagement of your page! AND 75% of users visit the marketer’s website after viewing their video. So, what’s stopping you from creating a video of your own? However, if you don’t have much video experience, it can be a challenge to produce quality video. We’ll cover some qualities of an award-winning video that are sure to increase online engagement.
- Spoof Something-For your next video, try making a “spoof” of something relevant to your target buyer. For example, if your target buyer is a woman age 30-45, 50 Shades of Grey is a relevant topic. Do you have to recreate the movie? Umm, no. But, titling your video 50 Shades of (your business name/service here) would definitely get some attention! Of course, you could choose a movie you could recreate…but we wouldn’t recommend 50 Shades of Grey (that’s our disclaimer).
- Short & Sweet-More than likely, your target buyer is not going to give your video longer than about a minute. That means make an impression quick (in the first 5 seconds, preferably). Cut your footage to an absolute minimum. Quick scenes (3-10 seconds) are key.
- Make It Musical-Add music! Music makes your video more engaging and grabs your viewer’s attention, even if it’s just background noise. Generally, faster, up-tempo music performs better than softer, slower music. Be sure to watch copyright rules!
- Be Funny (to people other than you)-People like to laugh, so make your video funny! However, make it funny to the general public, not just to you or the people making the video with you. Before producing the video, test the idea on an outsider. If they laugh, you’re on the right track.
- Beyond Quality-Don’t get stuck on the quality of your video. It doesn’t take expensive editing software or a fancy HD camera to make a good video! Think about it, some of the most popular videos are recorded on cell phones! Your first priority is content.
There you have it, 5 qualities of a (Oscar winning) video that will increase online engagement. Need more help? Call SDB for all your video needs…TV, social media, website, we can do it all!