Where Did The Time Go?!
“There aren’t enough hours in the day.” We’re all guilty of saying it. You wake up in the morning, rush around to check things off the “to do” list, and before you know it, it’s dark outside. Where did the day go? Hopefully some of these time management tips below can help you add more hours to the day…or feel like it anyways!
5 Tips To Manage Your Time:
- Plan-Wake up, drink coffee, make plans. Take the first 30 minutes to plan your day. If you start your day with a plan, you will be more likely to get things done. No plan is planning to fail.
- Write it down-Keep an appointment book/calendar/phone app to keep up with daily tasks as well as scheduled appointments. You won’t ever know what you need to be doing if you aren’t keeping track of it. Gone are the days when we can “remember” things…ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Prioritize-What needs to be done today and what doesn’t need to be done until tomorrow? There’s no point in doing something that can be done tomorrow when there’s something pressing to do today. However, there is a difference between prioritizing and procrastinating. Learn it, people.
- Subtraction of distractions-This is the one time you’ll hear me say it, but quit tweeting and scrolling aimlessly through your newsfeed (unless of course, you’re one of the lucky few who gets to do that for a living). When you need to get things done, shut out anything that could potentially distract you. It’s all about focus. Say it with me…focus.
- Early bird gets the worm-Important task ahead? Get it done as early as possible. Believe it or not, studies have shown that people are more alert and productive earlier, as opposed to later, in the day. And of course, one thing leads to another and that email that was oh-so-important this morning never got a response because you just got too busy (don’t worry, it happens to the best of us!)
Inbound Marketing Works For You
What about your marketing efforts? Do they get pushed to the bottom of the to-do list? If so, you aren’t alone. Especially when business is good, small businesses don’t always make marketing a priority. How can you fix this “I’m too busy but I need some awesome marketing” dilemma? Inbound marketing. It works FOR you! Even when you’re asleep, on vacation, or in a meeting that is lasting waaaaay too long. Inbound marketing is your answer. Opposed to traditional marketing, inbound marketing attracts the consumer, bringing them to you without having to go out to them (why waste valuable time?), allowing you to have a marketing program that not only saves you time, but increases your business. Want to learn more about inbound marketing and how it can work for your business? Download our free eBook by clicking HERE or on the image below.