Inbound marketing can be said to have a language of its’ own. Terms like “keywords”, “landing pages”, and “search engines” can be somewhat intimidating to someone who is trying to implement a new inbound program. The 5 acronyms below are commonly used in inbound marketing programs and will be helpful when beginning your own!
5 Acronyms Decoded:
1. LP-A landing page is a single web page used to convert website visitors into leads by presenting a sort of incentive, or offer, in exchange for their personal contact information. A landing page should have a simple form for prospects to fill out their basic contact information for follow-up purposes.
2. CTA-A call to action is a button or line of text that leads the website visitor to a landing page where an offer (such as a template, eBook or coupon) is presented. The “action” is the offer itself, encouraging the visitor to “take action” by downloading the offer.
3. SEO-Search Engine Optimization is the process of ranking your website at the top of search engine results. This is done through the use of keywords, navigation structure, and indexable content. The higher your website appears on the search engine results, the more likely you are to generate a lead.
4. SMM-Social Media Marketing refers to the use of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to reach your customer base. It is important to customize your social media platform to your target market, in order to ensure that your social media content is seen. Utilizing social media is a critical part of any inbound marketing program.
5. PPC-Used to direct traffic to websites, Pay Per Click is when advertisers pay website publishers whenever the ad is clicked. In essence, it is the amount of money spent to get an advertisement clicked, or buying visitors to your site.
Let Inbound Marketing be Your Powerhouse!
After some decoding, inbound marketing can prove to be your lead-generating powerhouse. Various inbound channels work together to earn the attention of your customers, build a relationship, and eventually close a sale. To learn more about inbound marketing and the success it can bring to your business, download our eBook by clicking HERE or on the image below!