If you’re anything like me, you check out online reviews before you purchase something or do business with a company. If the rating is anything under 4 stars, I’m just not interested.
However, online reviews aren’t always easy to get…even if you do good business! Let’s face it, people these days are busy and asking them to go out of their way to leave a review is just too much. Unless they’re unhappy. It seems like the unhappy ones always have plenty of time to leave reviews, doesn’t it?
Today, I’d like to give you a little insight on online reviews and how to handle the bad ones. Check it out!
Reviews Matter (Source: BrightLocal)
- 92% of consumers read online reviews
- Star rating is the number one factor used to judge a business
- Only 13% of customers consider using a business with a 1-2 star rating
Why Not Just Take Them Down?
- Most review sites will not take down reviews written by real customers
- If you are able to have the review removed, you have to claim your business page
- Reviews may be removed if they have been written by competitors or contain defamatory remarks
What to Do About Legitimate Negative Reviews
- Whenever a review cannot be removed, it is best to respond directly and publicly
- Responding to a customer review can (maybe) prompt them to change their star rating of your business
- If issues are resolved privately, post a public comment so that potential customers can see that you did respond to the review
How to Boost Positive Reviews
- Do not bribe customers for positive reviews (this can backfire and set you up for bad ones).
- When someone does leave a positive review, consider reposting it to your social platforms or creating a graphic to promote.
- Offer great customer service with every transaction…every time!
Stand Out Online!
If you’re a business owner, you already know that online reviews are a very important aspect of your business. At SDB, one of our many online marketing services is reputation management (AKA the monitoring of your online reviews). For more information on how to stand out online, contact us via the form below!