WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH DIGITAL?
If you’ve read our blogs on the history of advertising, you know that the marketing world is always on the lookout for the next big thing. (there’s a whole series: here’s Part 1)
The age of big television and radio are fading out. Yellow pages are obsolete. Billboards aren’t as effective.
Read on for more on why digital marketing is a must in Midland.
DIGITAL MARKETING MIDLAND
There are so many reasons to bring your business into the digital realm. It takes so much more than just a website or a Facebook page to compete in this arena. We’re here to share a few of the most important reasons to “go paperless” with your marketing.
- It’s Measurable. If you were to pay for a television ad, would you know exactly how many people viewed your commercial? Probably not. You’d have an estimate, but not an exact number. With digital marketing, you’re able to see how many people saw and interacted with your efforts.
- It’s Mobile. Not only has the world gone digital, it’s gone mobile! 88% of consumers visit a physical location or make a call after using their mobile device to search for local businesses. Those are customers you don’t want to miss out on!
- It’s Manageable. Noticing that an ad isn’t quite running the way you want it to? You can edit it. See a typo on your recent social media post? Log in to correct it. Wording not quite the way you’d like it? Just hop on to make the change. With digital marketing, it’s easier to edit and change things.
- It’s Money-Saving. With digital marketing, you’re able to identify your goals and maximize your budget to meet them. It’s easier to justify a marketing strategy when you can see how and where your money is being utilized.
Digital marketing is everywhere. Imagine having an untapped resource to reach the types of customers YOU’RE looking for? It’s pretty much cherry-picking your customers.
With digital marketing, you’re not simply casting a wide net: you’re able to go fishing with the kind of “bait” your customers like. It’s not a matter of hoping a fish will bite…it’s just when and how often.
BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS
The best part about digital marketing is that it’s completely customizable. Your plan is completely tailored to your goals, budget, and customers. It’s a matter of finding the perfect combination of information and frequency to appeal to your customer base.
How do you do this?
- Content Creation – Finding exactly the right combination of texts and graphics to make you stand out.
- Consistency and Frequency – Identifying the “sweet spot” of how much and how often you’re sharing information.
- Creating Authority – Establishing yourself as an industry expert by sharing useful knowledge.
- Captivating Audiences – Making certain you’re creating information that is both helpful and appealing to customers.
- Cultivating Relationships – Engaging customers and valuing their feedback.
Your customers are valuable to your business. Identifying and implementing the best way to captivate their attention is one of the best investments you can make in your business. Digital marketing is a valuable tool that allows you to focus on blending their needs with your business goals.
Digital marketing helps you to create and maintain relationships with consumers you may not have expected. However, it’s a powerful device that must be attended to consistently and requires constant evaluation.
But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming…