Whether you’re looking to build a brand new website or just revamp your existing one, SDB wants to be your Austin website designer! We focus on creating easy-to-use, quality websites with your company’s goals in mind. Read on for more information
Your Austin Website Designer Should Have…
Think of this section as a “must-have” list. These are the qualities you should look for in any site designer you hire. They include:
- Attention To Detail: If the only thing a web designer asks for is a logo…you should worry! While your company logo is a critical component of branding your site, it isn’t even remotely close to building a solid foundation. A good designer will ask for quality content, photographs, and specifics about your company so that they’re accurately relaying your message. Proofreading skills are also a necessity! Typos and spelling or grammar mistakes can lead customers to believe that there’s an amateur behind the scenes.
- Marketing Or Advertising Experience: While most site designers are typically geared towards the technical side of things, having someone with marketing or advertising experience can make things easier for you. Someone with this sort of background is more in-tune with being able to accurately place calls-to-action, forms, and other tools to help make your site the “brain” of your operation.
- Availability: Some web designers are part-timers or are learning it as a hobby. It’s critical to make sure that your team is available to assist you with any issues or questions you may have along the way. SDB is always available to help should you run into a problem.
What To Have Ready For Your Website
This is a quick list that will help make your design process go a lot more smoothly. It’s important to remember that web designers can only work with the information that’s been made available to them. Be sure to have these ready (or know where/how to access it) before you start!
- Budgetary constraints – This will be determined prior to your website build, but it’s always good to know!
- Ideal timeframe for completion – Discussing timelines is essential to us being able to accurately meet our customer’s requirements and it gives us something to work towards!
- Existing logos or graphics – If you don’t have any, that’s no problem…SDB can design some for you!
- High resolution photographs – Grainy images look particularly poor when they’re on a big computer screen!
- List of services offered with specific product details or specifications.
- Inventory and pricing – This is critical for retail or sales companies.
- Examples other website you like and why.
- Website goals – Are you selling your product, attempting to draw people into a bricks-and-mortar storefront, or just to provide information?
- A list of competitors’ websites so we can determine if there are any great services or plugins that could make your site really stand out!
- Content, content, content! We’re really creative people, but no one knows your business like you do!
Are you ready to hire SDB as your Austin website designer yet? We’re ready to go to make your website amazing…
give us a call today!