Are testimonials worth it? In short…yes! Testimonials, when used correctly, are a legitimate way to market your business. People want to relate to your service or product and what better way to do that than by tapping into a resource that’s already right in front of you…happy customers! Like reviews, you’re able to get quality feedback from the people who have already worked with you in the past.
Never underestimate the effect that a personal testimonial can have on your marketing strategy. Testimonials from happy clients are an important part of any business’s marketing plan. They lend trustworthiness and experience to a business. Showing those testimonials in their best light is also important.
Can You Get Testimonials?
SDB Can! Ask Us How!
There are several important factors to consider to ensure your testimonials are effective:
• Your sales staff should always encourage testimonials.
• Have a process for collecting testimonials. If your sales staff does not have or know the process, they are less likely to ask their customers for a testimonial. Decide who or what department will compile this information and where it will be used.
• Don’t ever be shy about asking for testimonials. Ask your customers for a testimonial when they are the happiest. Typically this is at the end of the transaction or after a great job has been completed.
• Make sure the testimonials are real. Embellishing or removing details is a quick way to lose credibility with your customers. This also ensures that they aren’t “sales-y.”
• Focus on success stories and never let negative things be said about the competition. Stay focused on the positive benefits your company offered.
• Keep contact information about the person giving the testimonial. You may want to contact that person again for other stories or public relations efforts.
• Video your customer’s testimonials. A video is a great way to add testimonials to your website. You can also ask for your customer’s photograph and use their review as a social media post or website entry.
If you’re not using testimonials in your promotional materials, on your website, or in social media, SDB can help you start today. These platforms are a great place to showcase positive comments about your business. SDB has experience to help you document and promote your business’s great testimonials to maximize your marketing capabilities. Ask us how today!