Oh, 2015. We’ve had kind of a love-hate relationship for the last 365 days. You’ve definitely created some memories, some absolutely amazing and others I could probably do without. However, you came, you saw, you conquered. So here’s my ode to 2015.
The Greatest Things About 2015…
- I started working at SDB full time. Many of you don’t know this, but I actually worked for SDB in the past. I have a slightly different position than my original one but I was pleased and surprised to get a call from Kelsie and Shane in October (even more so when they offered me a job). I really like what I’m doing here. It’s challenging, exciting, and frankly, a lot of fun.
- The Man Friend and I traveled a lot this year. I’ll manage to mark off six new places I’d never been to before by the end of the year. It fuels my wanderlust and makes me happier.
- We finally remodeled the upstairs…granted, it was after a darn water leak, but it’s finally done.
- I’ve spent a lot more time with my family this year, as well as having a chance to reconnect with others. It’s been humbling, good-for-the-soul sort of experience.
- I have a new nephew…and one of my best friends is pregnant with twins! Being an auntie is one of my favorite things in the world and my little “Aunt Am’s crew” will be at lucky #7 by February!
Was 2015 Good To Your Business?
SDB Can Make 2016 Even Better!
The Stuff 2015 Can Take Back…
- There was a lot of loss, tears, and sadness. From deaths to serious illness, 2015 has definitely taken its toll on my life, both directly and indirectly. It’s been a tough year on my family but it’s made us all a lot closer. I won’t go into too many details but suffice it to say, it was really difficult…and I’m a pretty tough gal.
- The oil market hasn’t been great to West Texas. It’s been a hard year to watch friends and family members lose jobs to such a volatile industry. But I know they’ll bounce back…just like they always do!
- Ahhhhh the dreaded foot injury came back with a vengeance this year. As I type this, I’m recovering from surgery, typing away with a walking boot on my foot for another 4 weeks. NBD.
- A lot of changes happening really quickly. The Man Friend and I are really adaptable, but a lot was thrown at us this year, especially during the first half of the year. We’ve adjusted to odd schedules and more working hours and new responsibilities. We make it happen and I can’t imagine it with anyone but him.
So there you have it, folks. A little 2015 recap from yours truly. What’s been the best and worst thing about your year?
As I sign off, I will say this: