So you’ve created a Facebook page for your business. You’re building a pretty good following, but you’d like to get some engagement from your posts. You know people want quality before quantity (because you’ve read our endless blogs on inbound marketing, duh.) But how can you make your Facebook Posts Worth Reading?
7 ways to make your Facebook Posts Worth Reading:
- Photos-Posts with photos get 39% more interaction than posts without. Additionally, they get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 84% more click throughs than text-based posts. Why is this? Our society is very visual and image based. Use that for the benefit of your business!
- Be concise-Again, quality over quantity. Shorter posts get 23% more interaction than longer ones (250 characters or more). Sorry, but no one has time to read your long Facebook post, even if you are going for a “quality” post. Cutting your posts to less than 80 characters will get more engagement.
- Thursday & Friday-A somewhat surprising statistic shows than posts on Thursdays and Fridays have 18% higher engagement rates. Of course, continue to post on the other days of the week, but maybe save the posts that you’d like to have the most engagement for Thursday and Friday.
- Use emoticons-The use of emoticons increase engagement by 33%. Posts feel more personal when there is an emoticon attached. But, when it comes to emoticons, less is more. Don’t overuse them. And don’t just limit their use to a post. They can also be used in a comment when responding to someone.
- Post questions-This is an easy way to up your user engagement! People love talking about themselves, so ask! Question posts get 100% more comments. Not only are you increasing your engagement, but you can also learn a lot about your Facebook followers.
- Coupons-People love saving money. What better way to increase your Facebook following and online interaction than giving people what they want? 42% of fans like a page to get a coupon or discount. Coupon-based campaigns receive some of the highest engagement rates.
- Contests-35% of fans like a page to participate in a contest and win a prize. Come up with a unique contest and promote it on Facebook! Using words related to your contest, such as winner, prize, enter, and promotion are more likely to engage people.
Where do you stand?
With the use of the seven tips above, you can not only make your Facebook posts worth reading, but increase engagement on your page and build your business. Your customers are online, so you should be too! If you are wondering where you stand in the world of social media, sign up for our social media analysis. We’ll analyze your existing platforms and let you know how you can do better…all for FREE! Click HERE or on the image below to sign up!